Loren Brichter has just released a major update for his simple and highly addictive word game – Letterpress.
Letterpress 1.1 now comes with the much requested “Rematch!” feature, which will allow you to start a new game with the same opponent. Brichter has also added more words to the dictionary.
So here’s what’s new in Letterpress 1.1:
- Rematch! (requires iOS 6 or newer)
- Option to silence sounds. FYI I worked really hard on those sounds. No, no, go ahead, turn off the sounds if you want.
- Added words to the dictionary (and removed a few goofs).
- Fixed “Tell a Friend” via Facebook. People use Facebook?
- Clearer instructions. Yes, days of the week are proper nouns. No, they are not allowed.
- Handle servers errors a bit better. CROSS YOUR FINGERS THAT’S SOME GNARLY CODE.
- Less bugs! Not that I’m saying there were any bugs before. But there are definitely fewer now.
- Fixed syncing deleted games across devices.
- Tiles are now tappier when you tap tiles fast. Tap tappity tap tap.
- Send Game Center friend requests right from the app! Holy moly! So cool! Friend your friends with the friendlier friender!
- In-app purchases are less forgetful.
If you haven’t played the game yet, then we would strongly download it using this direct App Store link. The game is available for free on the App Store. You can unlock the full version for just $0.99, which will allow you to play as many as you want, see played words and unlock new themes.