Google today announced a number of new features for Google+, both for users on the web and mobile. The Google+ team is rolling out these features as a part of its “#seasonforshipping” campaign, under which the Google+ iOS app received a major 4.0 upgrade, gaining a number of new features.
Here’s Google’s VP of Engineering, Dave Besbris describing the upgrade:
our new version lets you swipe through photo albums inline; you can tap once to view photos in all their glory; and the iPhone app now applies a subtle pan-zoom-scale effect to pictures in the stream. You’ll also see new conversation cards that really shine a light on your content—from longer snippets to bigger photos to comments that slide in beneath each post.
Here’s the official change log for version 4.0:
- New feature: Google+ Communities
- Ability to subscribe to any circle for notifications
- Ability to indicate how many guests you’re bringing to an event
- Support for time zones in Events
- Basic profile editing
- New compose UI for easier sharing
- New visual stream design
- Discover people and topics more easily using ‘Find people’
You can download the update from the App Store.
Via: The Next Web