Apple has just released iOS 6.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
According to the release notes, iOS 6.1 includes features such as LTE support for more carriers, ability to purchase movie tickets using Siri etc.
Here’s the complete change log:
- LTE support for more carriers (complete list of supported carriers at www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/)
- Purchase movie tickets through Fandango with Siri (USA only)
- iTunes Match subscribers can now download individual songs from iCloud
- New button to reset the Advertising Identifier
The update should be available via over-the-update. The OTA update for iPhone 5 is 107MB.
Jailbreakers should avoid upgrading your iOS device to iOS 6.1, until the evad3rs dev team release a jailbreak for it or confirm it is safe to do so.
Here’s the list of new carriers that will support LTE on iPhone 5 (via MacRumors):
– USA: Alaska Communications, Alaska GCI, Bluegrass Cellular, C Spire, Cellcom, Pioneer Cellular
– Canada: MTS, Sasktel
– Puerto Rico: Claro, Open Mobile
– Croatia: T-Mobile, VIPNet
– Denmark: 3, Telenor, Telia
– Finland: DNA, Elisa, Sonera
– Greece: Cosmote
– Hungary: T-Mobile
– Italy: 3, TIM, Vodafone
– Kuwait: Zain
– Luxembourg: Tango
– Philippines: Globe, SMART
– Portugal: Optimus, TMN, Vodafone
– Saudi Arabia: Mobily, Zain
– South Africa: Vodacom
– Switzerland: Swisscom
– UAE: DU, Etisalat
planetbeing has just confirmed on Twitter that they’re reviewing the publicly available version of iOS 6.1 now.
iOS 6.1 appears to have been released! We are reviewing the publicly available version now.
— planetbeing (@planetbeing) January 28, 2013
Evad3rs dev team has just confirmed that iOS 6.1 is safe for jailbreakers, however not via OTA update but only by doing a full restore using iTunes. Check out this post for more details.
You can also download iOS 6.1 using the direct download links available in our iOS download pages:
We’ll let you know as soon as we find any other hidden features. Let us know how it goes in the comments.