The evad3rs dev team has just announced that the untethered jailbreak tool will be called evasi0n.
The evad3rs dev team have made the announcement on their website.
According to the website, the dev team is currently working on finishing the GUI.
We are in the process of finishing the GUI. Come back soon!
They have also revealed that the next step will be beta testing.
As reported earlier, evasi0n jailbreak will work on iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2 and iOS 6.1. It will support all iOS 6.1 compatible devices except for Apple TV 3. So the following iOS devices will be supported:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G, iPod Touch 4G
- Apple TV 2
It looks like it is going to be another easy jailbreak. They have mentioned the following requirements on their website:
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
evad3rs dev team could release the evasi0n jailbreak as early as this Sunday. If you want to give them donations for their hard work, head over to their site and hit the Contribute button.
If you’ve any questions, please feel free to ask us in the comments below. We’ll let you know as soon as there is any updates, so don’t forget to join our Facebook Fan page or follow us on Twitter or add us on Google+ or subscribe to our RSS feed.Like this post? Share it!