AirBlue Sharing: Bluetooth File Sharing Jailbreak App Updated With iOS 6 And iPhone 5 Support [Updated]
We’ve some good news for fans of jailbreak app AirBlue Sharing! It is now compatible with iOS 6 and iPhone 5.
iPhone comes with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology but it only supports the Bluetooth Headset Profile, A2DP and Bluetooth Hands-free Profile 1.5, so iPhone users still can’t transfer files between iOS devices or any other Bluetooth device, which is the most commonly requested application in the Bluetooth stack.
AirBlue Sharing removes that restriction and allows jailbroken iOS device users to share files using Bluetooth. AirBlue Sharing v1.0.1 is now compatible with iOS 6.1 – iOS 6 and iPhone 5.
It comes with the following features:
1. Zero configuration
2. Native Bluetooth pairing, do not have to re-pair your device when using iOS native Bluetooth
3. High speed Bluetooth transimision, up to 1.7 MB/s
4. Automatically shutdown Bluetooth when transmission done to save power
5. Transfer files over WiFi connection, it’s possible to transfer a video file in a few seconds (iOS to iOS)
6. Automatically create a WiFi hotspot for transmission when no WiFi available (iOS to iOS, large file)
7. Send from Notes/Photos/Videos /Music/Contacts/Voice Memos …
8. Send any file from applications support “Open in …”
9. Import received files to Contacts/Photos
10. Import received files to applications support “Open in …”
11. Send/receive multiple files simultaneously
12. Sent/received notification sounds
13. Compatible with Mac OS X, Windows XP/Vista/7, Linux, Nokia, Android, Blackberry and other Bluetooth enabled phones
Check out the demo of the jailbreak app in action below:
AirBlue Sharing is available on Cydia for $4.99. The iOS 6 and iPhone 5 is available as a free update for existing users.
A number of readers have reported that they’re getting invalid response from the license server. Please do not buy the app until the issue is resolved by the developer. We’ve reached out to the developer to get an update. We’ll keep you posted.
Let us know how it goes in the comments.