Here’s what the job description reads:
The Apple TV team is looking for an experienced engineering manager to help deliver the next generation features for Apple TV. Bring your creative energy and engineering discipline, and help us bring the Apple experience to the Living Room.
– Lead a team of engineers working on exciting new features and functionality
– Drive releases from initial concept to completion
– Work closely with cross functional teams, representing Apple TV across Apple
– Develop the engineering plan for upcoming projects
– Communicate status to key stakeholders and senior management
The most obvious “next generation” feature that comes to mind is of course an official SDK for third party apps that could unleash the true potential of the Apple TV in the same way the iOS SDK did for the iPhone. It could spawn a whole new category of games tailored for large displays, which could possibly “kill” existing gaming consoles like the Xbox and the PS3 and Valve.
Rumors point to an Apple TV related event happening this fall, and we’ll be looking forward to it. Any guesses as to what could be announced? The long rumored Apple Television, a new version of the Apple TV or a major software update that adds support for third-party apps?
Via: 9to5MacLike this post? Share it!