evadr3rs dev team has released evasi0n 1.2 to disable OTA updates and to fix a timezone bug.
They have also released an update for the evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untether package on Cydia for users who have already jailbroken their iOS devices using evasi0n.
Disabling OTA update will ensure that you don’t accidentally upgrade your jailbroken iOS device to iOS 6.1.1 when it is released.
Here’s the complete change log for the three versions of evasi0n released by the evad3rs tem this week:
- Disable OTA updates.
- Correct timezone issue in evasi0n binary if client fails to correct it.
- prevent Weather app from appearing on iPads.
- mitigated the long reboot issue.
- fix issue with not working after connecting multiple iOS devices
- fix blinking of the jailbreak instructions on OS X.
- codesigned Mac app.
- first public release
Please note evasi0n 1.2 is meant for new users who want to jailbreak their iOS 6.x device. If you’ve already jailbroken your iOS device, then launch Cydia and install the update evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untether (v0.3-1) from Cydia.
Head over to our download page to download the latest version of evasion for Mac, Windows or Linux.
If you need help then check out our step-by-step tutorial on how to jailbreak your iOS device using evasi0n jailbreak by clicking on the appropriate link below:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPod touch 5G, iPod touch 4G
Let us know how it goes in the comments.
Thanks Alan for the heads up!