As expected, evad3rs dev team has released evasi0n 1.3 to allow iPhone 4S users to jailbreak iOS 6.1.1.
Apple had surprised everyone by releasing iOS 6.1.1 for iPhone 4S to fix 3G connectivity related issues earlier today.
Here’s the complete change log for the four versions of evasi0n released by the evad3rs tem this week:
- Support for 6.1.1 on the iPhone 4S.
- Disable OTA updates.
- Correct timezone issue in evasi0n binary if client fails to correct it.
- prevent Weather app from appearing on iPads.
- mitigated the long reboot issue.
- fix issue with not working after connecting multiple iOS devices
- fix blinking of the jailbreak instructions on OS X.
- codesigned Mac app.
- first public release
evad3rs dev team has also mentioned that evasi0n 1.3 should now correctly support OSX 10.5. They’ve also lowered the linux glibc requirement to 2.3
Head over to our download page to download the latest version of evasion for Mac, Windows or Linux.
evad3rs dev team is recommending users to update to iOS 6.1.1 by doing a full restore using iTunes. However, I’ve noticed that updating your iOS device to iOS 6.1.1 using iTunes should also work as long as you’ve manually taken a backup of your iOS device using iTunes before using the evasi0n tool.
If you need help then check out our step-by-step tutorial on how to jailbreak your iOS device using evasi0n jailbreak by clicking on the appropriate link below:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPod touch 5G, iPod touch 4G
Let us know how it goes in the comments.
Thanks D4 for the tip!Like this post? Share it!