Apple has just seeded iOS 6.1.1 beta (build 10B311) to developers of iOS developer program.
iOS 6.1.1 beta is available for following iOS devices:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G, iPod touch 4G
Apple hasn’t provided much details about the changes and improvements in iOS 6.1.1 beta in the release notes.
It goes without saying, jailbreakers should avoid upgrading to iOS 6.1.1 beta. It remains to be seen if Apple has fixed the loopholes used by evasi0n to jailbreak iOS 6.1/iOS 6, which was released on Monday.
We’ve just got a tip (thanks Alan) that iOS 6.1.1 beta includes improvements to Maps app for Japan. Here are the improvements listed in the release notes:
- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway color to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
iH8sn0w, developer of Sn0wbreeze, points out that there is no expiry date for iOS 6.1.1. Previously, beta versions of iOS firmware included an expiry date, which gave us some idea on when the next beta or public will be available.
Today’s iOS 6.1.1 developer release (10B311) oddly has the ReleaseType defined as “Beta” but oddly has no expiry date.
— iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w) February 6, 2013
We’ll let you know as soon as we have any further updates so stay tuned.