Apple has just seeded iOS 6.1.3 beta 2 (build 10B318) to developers of iOS developer program.
iOS 6.1.3 beta 2 is available for following iOS devices:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G, iPod touch 4G
It goes without saying, jailbreakers should avoid upgrading to iOS 6.1.3 beta 2. It remains to be seen if Apple has fixed the loopholes used by evasi0n to jailbreak iOS 6.x.x.
We’re assuming that that iOS 6.1.3 beta 2, includes improvements to Maps app for Japan. Here are the improvements that were listed in the release notes in iOS 6.1.1 beta 1:
- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway color to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
Apple had released iOS 6.1.1 beta on February 6th, but had to release iOS 6.1.1 to fix 3G connectivity issues that was affecting iPhone 4S users and iOS 6.1.2 to fix Exchange Calendar bug. That’s probably the reason it’s iOS 6.1.3 beta 2 and not iOS 6.1.3 beta.
We’ve just received a tip that as expected iOS 6.1.3 beta 2 includes improvements to Maps app for Japan and also includes a fix for the lock screen bug.
We’ll let you know as soon as we have any further updates so stay tuned.
Thanks Alan for the tip and the screenshot!Like this post? Share it!