Finally some good news for Apple TV 2 users who have been patiently waiting for a jailbreak.
FireCore has just released an update for Seas0nPass that will allow users to jailbreak their Apple TV 2 on Apple TV Software Update 5.2 (iOS 6.1) that was released recently.
Seas0nPass makes use of the evasi0n jailbreak that was released by the Evad3rs dev team for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on iOS 6.1 to iOS 6 last week.
FireCore has also released a new version of aTV Flash (Black), which will allow users to control media playback, web browsing library browsing and more using a wireless keyboard. Apple had added wireless keyboard support in Apple TV 5.2.
Unfortunately, Seasn0nPass doesn’t support Apple TV 3 currently, it only supports the second generation Apple TV on Apple TV Software Update 5.2.
FireCore has advised on the best way to update:
aTV Flash (black) 2.2 is compatible with any ATV2 running 4.4 and later, so updating to 5.2 is not required. However, should you so desire, the best way to update can be found below.
- Backup your settings through the Maintenance > Manage Backups menu.
- Run the latest version of Seas0nPass to update the Apple TV to 5.2.
- Download and install the new 2.2 version of aTV Flash (black).
- Install any desired items through the Maintenance > Manage Extras menu.
- Restore the previously saved settings through the Maintenance > Manage Backups menu.
- That’s it!
We’ll publish a step-by-step guide shortly on how to jailbreak your Apple TV using Seas0nPass shortly.
In case, you give it a shot let us know how it goes in the comments.
Via: FireCoreLike this post? Share it!