Animer is a new jailbreak tweak by folks at HASHBANG Productions that allows you change animations for notification banners, alerts and multitasking app switcher.
Animer joins a growing list of tweaks that allow you to customize just certain aspects of your jailbroken iPhone.
Here’s how it works:
- Animer allows you change animations for notification banners, alerts and multitasking switcher.
- Banner Notifications:
- You can make the banner notifications to slide from the left, from right, from the top or from the bottom by configuring the Slide Animation settings (Settings app -> Animer -> Notification Banners -> Slide Animations).
- To see the animations, it is important to change the animation speed to a higher value based on your preference, as by default it is not set.
- You also have the option to set the Zoom Animation and Dismiss Animation, but I didn’t notice any change by changing these settings.
- The nice thing is that you have a ‘Show Test Banner’ button, which allows you to test how the banner notifications will look after changing the animation style.
- You have the option to change the animation to “Bounce In”, which makes the alert to bounce on the screen.
- You can also make the alerts fade in, by enabling the Fade In toggle.
- You can also make the alerts zoom in or zoom out by configuring the Zooms settings.
- Like banner notification, you have a ‘Test Alert’ button to test the alerts with the new settings.
- Multitasking Switcher:
- You can change the slide animations for the app switcher to zoom in or to zoom out.
- You can also change the fade animations for the app switcher.
- You can test the changes immediately by opening the app switcher.
- The tweak also offers extras such as Speak Notifications, which will read out the banner notifications. You need to disable and enable the Speak Notifications toggle to activate this feature (Settings -> Animer -> Notification Banners -> Speak Notifications under Extras).
- It also allows you to add the fade in animations for HUDs (it stands for heads-up display, for example: when you press the volume buttons, it displays the HUD with the volume level for the ringer, audio etc. depending on which app is open). Like the Speak Notifications feature you need to disable and enable the Fade In toggle to activate this feature (Settings -> Animer -> Notification Banners -> Fade In HUDs under Extras).
You can check out the demo video of the jailbreak tweak below:
Animer is available on Cydia for $0.99. If you’re on a jailbroken iOS device, then click on the download link below to purchase and install the jailbreak tweak from Cydia.