Following a string of beta releases, Apple has finally publicly released OS X 10.8.3 as an update through the Mac App Store. Changes include the usual bug fixes, stability improvements and minor feature enhancements.
Here are the release notes:
The 10.8.3 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:
– The ability to redeem iTunes gift cards in the Mac App Store using your Mac’s built-in camera
– Boot Camp support for installing Windows 8
– Boot Camp support for Macs with a 3TB hard drive
– A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins
– A fix for an issue that may cause audio to stutter on 2011 iMacs
– Includes Safari 6.0.3
The URL bug that Apple refers to is the one we told you about a month ago.
You can download and install the 567MB update by choosing Software Update under the Apple () menu on the menu bar. Apple notes that the update requires a restart to install successfully and recommends users to back up their systems before updating.
Apple has also provided direct download links for the update:
It has also released security updates for OS X Lion and Snow Leopard.