Few days back, we brought you the news that PPSSPP, the PSP emulator was successfully ported to iOS by Henrik Rydgard, developer of Dolphin, the Gamecube and Wii emulator.
We had also embedded a video which shows the PSP emulator running on the 4th generation iPad. While it graphics looked quite good, the frame rate was noticeably very slow as the emulator is using an interpreter instead of the Just-In-Time compiler (JIT).
I’ve some awesome news for you if you’ve been eagerly waiting for the PSP emulator. The developers have not only fixed the frame rate issue so it is playable, but the PSP emulator is now also available on Cydia so you can install it and play PSP games on your iOS device.
You need to follow these steps to install PPSSPP, the first PSP emulator for iOS for free on your jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Launch Cydia
- Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the Edit button, followed by the Add button.
- Enter cydia.myrepospace.com/theavenger in the Cydia/APT URL field and then tap on Add Source.
- After the repo has been successfully installed, tap on Return to Cydia button.
- Tap on the theavenger repo from that list, you should see PPSSPP emulator in the list, tap on it.
- Then tap on Install button on the top right corner, followed by the Confirm button.
- After it is successfully installed, tap on the Return to Cydia button.
That’s it, you will now be able to play PSP games on your jailbroken iOS device assuming you’ve the ISO images for the PSP games. You need to copy them the Documents folder via iFile or iFunbox.
I don’t have the ISO images so couldn’t test the game play. Let me know how it goes if you are able to play PSP games on your jailbroken iOS device.Like this post? Share it!