Last last year, Apple removed app tracking service AppShopper’s iOS app from the App Store over violation of section 2.25 of the review guidelines that forbid App Store clones. The service has now come back to the App Store in the form of an all new app named “AppShopper Social” that, as you might have guessed, uses social features as a way to distinguish itself from the App Store.
Here are the features of the app:
- Social Stream: See what apps that your friends are tracking, and share your app interests with your friends.
– Friends List: Maintain a list of AppShopper friends who share your app interests.
– Twitter Integration: Find AppShopper friends you follow from Twitter.
– Wish List: Add any app to your own personal Wish List and get notified of price changes or updates by email or by push notification. Share with your friends!
– My Apps: Keep track of the apps you already own. With Push Notifications, you can get the latest updates sent directly to your device.
– Syncs with AppShopper.com: Wish List and My Apps automatically sync with AppShopper.com so you can manage your lists in a web browser.
Since this is a new app, the 1.0 release has some features that are missing — iPad support, What’s New, Top 200, but the AppShopper team says these will soon be coming in an update.
The Watch List feature of the app is great for getting notified as soon as your favorite app updates, and more importantly when an app you want drops in price. We’re glad these features made it through.
➤ AppShopper Social (Free)