We continue to get information about interesting new features and changes in iOS 7, which was seeded to developers earlier in the week.
Here is a list of the new features and changes in iOS 7 for today:
Another cool feature is the ability to adjust the font size across apps. The feature currently works with apps that support Dynamic Type. So initially expect this feature to work with only stock iOS apps.
Dismiss Banner Notifications
You can finally zoom while recording a video in iOS 7. You can now pinch two fingers together to zoom out or spread them to zoom in while recording videos in iOS 7. (via reddit user khanfahad)
You can now redeem your iTunes gift card using your iPhone’s camera in iOS 7. This was spotted by folks at AppleFanSite.
According to AppleFanSite, you should also be able to redeem Starbucks app of the week cards using your iPhone’s camera, though it is not clear how it works.
Apple has finally improved the app switcher in iOS 7, which makes better use of the screen real estate. In iOS 7, when you press the Home button twice, it displays card-like screen previews (along with the logo of the app below it) of the apps you have open. You can swipe up on a card to quit the app. Now you probably already knew that. One small tidbit is that you can close not one but multiple apps with a swipe, which is quite neat.
In iOS 7, there is a new way to delete messages. You need to tap and hold on the message you want to delete in a conversation, which reveals “Copy” and “More” options. Tapping on “More” selects the message. You can then tap on the trash can icon in the lower left corner to delete it. You can also delete all messages by tapping on Clear All in the top left corner. (via reddit user Ithinkiamjoseph)
As you probably know, Apple has completely redesigned the weather app in iOS 7. It looks a lot like Yahoo’s weather app, but instead of showing you photos of the location from Flickr, the stock iOS 7 Weather app gives you visual representation of the current weather. Interestingly, reddit user khanfahad has noticed that if there are thunderstorms, it occasionally also shows lightning as you seen in the screenshot below, which we thought was a nice touch.
In iOS 7, you will be able to easily figure out when a new Bluetooth device connects to your iOS device. reddit user cmsj has noticed that the Bluetooth icon in the status bar becomes enlarged when a Bluetooth device connects as you can see in the screenshot below.
Photo Stream and Screenshots
This is great news for bloggers. iOS 7 no longer uploads screenshots to Photo Stream. (via reddit user MacProClub)
That’s it for today. Let us know if you’ve found any other feature or changes which we haven’t covered so far.
Low on Battery
If your iOS device is low on battery, iOS will now display the following redesigned image. (Thanks Stan!)
That’s it for today. Thanks everyone for the tips. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find any new features and changes that we haven’t covered so far.
Our iOS 7 coverage:
- Apple announces iOS 7, the biggest change to iOS since the iPhone
- Watch Jony Ive introduce iOS 7 [Video]
- A gallery of all the redesigned apps in iOS 7
- Eight cool iOS 7 features that Apple didn’t talk about
- More iOS 7 tidbits: Day/Night mode in Maps, granular cellular data tracking and more
- A demo of iOS 7′s awesome 3D parallax effect on the home screen
- iOS 7 includes Google Now like feature called “Today”
- You can finally block phone calls, messages or FaceTime from specific numbers in iOS 7
- New in iOS 7: Silence incoming calls and notifications while iPhone is unlocked
- Which devices is iOS 7 compatible with? Here’s the list
- Here’s The List of iOS 7 Features That Are Not Available On Older iOS Devices
- iOS 7 vs. iOS 6: App icons comparison chart
- iOS 7 gives a warning if you use unauthorized Lightning cables or accessories