With less than 12 hours to go for the WWDC 2013 Keynote, Seth Weintraub of 9to5Mac who has managed to get a quick peak at an early beta version of iOS 7 has just published an article providing more details of what iOS 7 may look like.
Here are some of the changes we can expect in iOS 7:
- Apple seems to have used the Helvetica Nueue Ultra Light font in iOS 7, which we’ve seen in the iOS 7 and OS X banners at the Moscone West Center.
- The carrier signal bars have been replaced with 5 dots that are white or grey to represent the signal strength.
- He has also posted a mockup of the home screen with what some of the app icons will look like in iOS 7. He has also provided the following details:
- iTunes is Purple-ish with white (iSync-like arrows instead of a music note).
- Camera is Gray gradient and icon is same shape as you see on the lock screen
- Facetime is like it used to be without the gray. and flat.
- The Maps icon is a different place. Perhaps near the Spaceship campus?
- Compass icon is darker and flatter.
- Safari icon is like the Mac circle icon without the silver frame.
- Photos icon is a color wheel
- Game Center is similar to the photos icon – totally different than before.
- Interestingly, he notes that the apps are available in two color schemes – one blackish and one whitish. He isn’t sure if Apple is testing the two color schemes or if the color scheme will change due to external factors such as ambient light or time of the day.
- In black mode, the keyboard is black with grey letters and in white mode, the keyboard is grey with white keys.
- Maps may provide walking directions.
- He also notes that Grouped table views no longer have spaces on the left and right now – rounded rectangles give way to more rectangular like the Twitter app UI update.
Please note that this is just a mockup of what some of the elements of iOS 7 will look like. He hasn’t been able to post the iOS 7 screenshots as Apple apparently embeds watermarks that could help in tracking the source of the leak.
The WWDC 2013 Keynote kicks off at 10:00 am Pacific Time. We will be bring live coverage of the event so don’t forget to join us.