Apple gave us a sneak peak at iOS 7 on Monday, and its without doubt the biggest change since the launch of the iPhone back in 2007.
Unfortunately, most of us will have to wait until September to get our hands on iOS 7 as it is currently available only to developers of Apple’s iOS Developer program.
However, if you’ve a jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch, then you can install two WinterBoard themes that will give your jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch an iOS 7 makeover.
The first one is called iOS 7 theme for the home screen, which as you can see replaces the stock app icons with iOS 7’s flat and colorful icons.
The themes do not include any iOS 7 features such as the dynamic and panoramic wallpapers or the awesome 3D parallax feature, but you will be able to find out what all the fuss about with iOS 7 icons.
The second one is called iOS 7 Lockscreen theme. It gets rid of the slide to unlock button and gives the lock screen an iOS 7 makeover with the minimalist design. You still have to slide at the bottom to unlock your device.
Follow these simple steps to give your jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch an iOS 7 makeover:
- Install iOS 7 theme (by AR7) and iOS 7 Lockscreen theme (by Winesh)
- Launch WinterBoard
- Tap on Select Themes
- Tap on iOS7 and iOS7 Lockscreen 1.1 from the list to select them
- Press the Home button to exit Winterboard
- Winterboard should respring your device.
- You can also download the iOS 7 wallpapers and set them as the wallpapers on your home and lock screen.
Let us know how it goes and what you think of the iOS 7 makeover in the comments below.Like this post? Share it!