Apple has just seeded iOS 7 beta 2 to developers via OTA.
Here’s what’s new in iOS 7 beta 2 based on information we’ve received from developers:
- Voice Memos app, which was missing in iOS 7 beta 1 is back. As you can see in the screenshot below, it comes with a completely redesigned UI.
- iOS 7 beta 2 is also available for the iPad and iPad mini. Check this post for more details.
- The Clock app in Control Center gets a new icon.
- You now have the option to select the Gender for Siri. It looks like this is available only if you have selected the language as English (United States), France (France), German (Germany).
- A new button to access all cities in the Weather app in the bottom right corner so you don’t need to access the cities (via 9to5Mac).
- The Reminders app has been revamped. The list view is a lot more compact now and there is new clock icon next to the search bar, which allows users to locate scheduled reminders.
- The iCloud keychain feature has been enabled in iOS 7 beta 2
- Avatars are now displayed in group messaging chat (via 9to5Mac).
- The Exchange icon has been updated for the Mail app.
- You can now disable traffic conditions in the Today view in Notification Center (via BGR).
- Bookmarks tab has been tweaked and the Bookmarks, Reading list and Shared links have been reordered (via 9to5Mac).
- The Newsstand app sports a new user interface.
- The Nike+ app has been revamped in iOS 7 beta 2 (via 9to5Mac).
- Siri may have got a new, more realistic voice in iOS 7 beta 2, but it hasn’t lost its sense of humor as you can see below (via @richbrightman).
- Side swiping the text messages will now display approximate time they were sent/received (via Reader jj_ferns). Thanks Danut for the screenshot.
- Check out the video demo of Siri’s clearer, more natural sounding voice.
- iCloud backups is available again. Automatic backups wasn’t available in iOS 7 beta 1.
- Swipe up to close the app in the app switcher seems to be a lot smoother.
- Search in Spotlight seems to be a lot faster.
- The slide to answer a call has been replaced with Answer and Reject buttons in iOS 7 beta. Thanks Dangerous Dave for the tip!
- The lock screen default to music playback controls while music is playing (via reddit).
- We know you can turn on or turn off settings using Siri, but looks like you can also access Settings for an app using Siri. So if you say “Open Settings” while in a Mail app, it will open settings for the Mail app. You can also say “Open Settings for <app name>” to access settings for the app. This is quite neat. This was first observed in the first beta.
- Messages app now displays the nickname at the top instead of the contact name (via reddit).
Let us know if you find something interesting. Thanks everyone for the tips!Like this post? Share it!