ProTuber is a new application for YouTube, which offers more features compared to the native app such as ability to download videos for offline viewing, video quality selection, etc.
ProTuber offers the following features:
* Video Quality Selection (1080p, 720p…)
* Sign in to access your subscriptions, playlists, uploads and more.
* Share, flag, rate, add to watch later without the need of playing the video
* Easy search(videos, playlist, channel)
* Hide playing video into background and resume it back on right within the app
* Background playback anywhere, anytime
* Lock screen video thumbnail (similar to iPod’s song artwork)
* File & Folder Management
* Manage playlists (rename, merge, move, copy, delete)
* Functions identically as a music player app
* Repeat mode: repeat all/one/none
* Support for Vimeo & Dailymotion
* Save to Camera Roll
* AirPlay support
* WiFi Sharing to browse, play from and transfer to your Mac or Internet TV
* Apple’s headphones remote support
* Remote Control Support
* DisplayOut Support
OTHER NOTEWORTHY FEATURES:
* Browsing videos by region
* Pre-set video quality for streaming
* Advanced category browsing
* Many selections of Sorting-by mode
* Easy video sharing to SMS, Google+, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter
* Universal app (support for iPhone & iPad)
The app is a universal app and is currently available for free in the App Store (regular price is $0.99). However, it also offers a $1.99 in-app purchase to unlock the full version. We couldn’t figure out which features are unlocked in the full version. We’ll update the post as soon as we find out.
We’re quite surprised to find an app like ProTuber on the App Store as some of the features such as ability to download videos, we thought is only possible using jailbreak tweaks such as ProTube and YourTube. The App Store app not only has a similar name as the jailbreak tweak, but its user interface also seems like a rip off of the native YouTube app.
So grab it while it is still available in the App Store as we won’t be surprised if Google requests it to be removed from the App Store.