We’ve just got the news that Apple has seeded the sixth beta version of iOS 7 (build 11A4449d) to developers of iOS Developer Program.
This comes as a surprise as we were expecting Apple to release the next beta version sometime next week, and it has been just over week since it seeded iOS 7 beta 5.
Apple had seeded the first beta version of iOS 7 immediately after the WWDC 2013 Keynote on June 10th, iOS 7 beta 2 on June 24th, iOS 7 beta 3 on July 8th, iOS 7 beta 4 on July 29th and iOS 7 beta 5 on August 6th.
A report earlier today claimed that iOS 7 beta 6 will be the final beta version, before Apple seeds iOS 7 golden master build to developers.
iOS 7 beta 6 (13.5MB on iPhone 5) seems to be available via OTA update currently. It is available for the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4
- iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad mini
- iPod touch 5
We’ve just got the news that iOS 7 beta 6 is also available for download in iOS Dev Center. Direct download links for iOS 7 beta 6 (please note you need to be a register developer):
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
It looks like the update includes an emergency fix for an issue with iTunes in the Cloud, where some purchases may download or play unexpected items. Thanks Alan for the tip!
This update addresses an issue with iTunes in the Cloud, where some purchases may download or play unexpected items. If you have any devices running previous versions of iOS 7 beta, you must:
1. Install iOS 7 beta 6
2. Install the ResetMusicAndVideosLibraries configuration profile
3. From Settings > Music, tap the Reset Media Library button
4. Restart the device
- We’ve receive multiple tips that Safari seems a lot snappier, and boot up time is a lot better.
- And in case you’re working, there is still no sound while unlocking the device, which was removed in beta 6. Thanks Jason!
Update 4 (September 10):
If you find anything new that hasn’t been mentioned here then please send us an email to email@example.com or post them in the comments below.
We’ll let you know if we get information on any interesting new features in the new beta, so stay tuned here at iPhone Hacks or join our Facebook Fan page or follow us on Twitter or add us to your circles on Google+ or subscribe to our RSS feed.Like this post? Share it!
Categories: iOS 7