Taiwan Apple Daily has posted a video of iPhone 5C, which provides some interesting details about Apple’s rumored new budget or mid-range iPhone.
Here are some of the highlights from that video:
- iPhone 5C will be slightly bigger than iPhone 5, which doesn’t come as a surprise as it will come with a plastic rear casing. Here are the dimensions:
- iPhone 5C – height: 124.55 mm, width: 59.13 mm, depth/thickness: 8.98 mm
- iPhone 5 – height: 123.8 mm, width: 58.6 mm, depth/thickness: 7.6 mm
- TW Apple Daily claims that iPhone 5C may come with the same internals as iPhone 5, which is in line with speculations that have suggested that Apple may replace iPhone 5 and not iPhone 4S with iPhone 5C as the mid-range iPhone. The latest rumors suggest it could be priced between $400 – $500.
- They’ve also noticed that the rear plastic casing is highly scratch resistant. They carried out a scratch test by putting the plastic casing in a bag full of coins and a key, and shaking it vigorously. They’ve mentioned that according to their sources, the rear casing scores a “8H” rating on the pencil hardness test, which is apparently three times that of a PET film that is typically used to protect iPhone display from scratches.
- They’ve managed to get their hands on iPhone 5C rear casing in red, fluorescent green, white, aqua blue. They also note that iPhone 5C will also be available in yellow.
- The report also notes that iPhone 5S will come with dual LED flash for improved low-light performance. However, iPhone 5S rear casing shown in the photo below is blue in color, which makes us doubt the authenticity of the casing.
The post has been updated to include the YouTube video of the scratch test.