iRealSMS, developed by SpiritofLogic, is a messaging tweak that takes it to a whole new level. It’s been around for quite some time, but today it got an update that brings two new interface options for Quick Reply. The first one is inspired by iOS 7 and second is inspired by iOS 6′s share sheet for Facebook and Twitter.
If you don’t already own iRealSMS or you’ve never heard of it, you may be using that bland ol’ boring native messaging app that doesn’t have anything near the customization that iRealSMS has to offer. Here are some its features:
- All new iOS 7 and iOS 6 inspired UI for Quick Reply and Quick Send (updated today)
- VoiceOut and VoiceControl for hands free incoming message interactions including Text to Voice and Mark as Read
- SMS database backup manager – automatically backs up your SMS and lets you restore them from Settings
- Hide/Unhide Function allows you to background QuickReply so you can answer at your convenience (press home button to hide / tap in Notification Center to unhide
- Option to call contact form QuickReply window
- QuickCompose a message without having to enter the messages application
- QuickReply and QuickSend are landscape compatible
- Folders for your messages and templates – Inbox, drafts, templates, outbox, sent
- Create templates and easily insert them into your message from the templates folder
- Easily search your SMS database by sender’s name or message text or both
- Ability to create your own signature
- Password protect the app so someone cannot access your conversations
- Contact pictures are displayed in the conversations tab, QuickReply, as well as your inbox
- 20 emoji faces accessible from the camera button in messages app
- Time stamps for all messages
- Ability to hide the keyboard to get a full screen view of the conversation by tapping on one of the text bubbles.
The new iOS 7 looks really good. Not a huge fan of the iOS 6 theme, personally, but I can see that it could appeal to others.
Once you’re on your Folders screen (left) you can open up your Inbox to check for messages. If you select a message you’ll be shown the message, with the contact’s picture, date, timestamp, and the option to show the entire conversion (right).
And believe it or not, that’s not all you can do with this tweak. There are more options and configurations that you discover after getting hands on with this tweak. If you want a hands on review, check out the video below.
Which one do you prefer? iRealSMS or biteSMS? Let me know in the comments below.
➤ Download Link (only works on jailbroken devices)