In addition to the new static and dynamic wallpapers, iOS 7 golden master (GM) which was released to developers on Tuesday, just after the iPhone event, also includes the new “textured” ringtones and text tones that were mentioned during the event.
If you don’t want to wait until next week, you can download the new ringtones and alert tones, courtesy folks at Macmixing, who have managed to extract them from iOS 7 GM.
You can follow these simple steps to download the new alert tones and ringtones on your device.
- Download the zip file, which includes all the new ringtones and alert tones from this link.
- Extract the content of the zip file.
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Drag and drop the (27) ringtones and (10) alert tones into your iTunes library.
- Click on the Devices button in the top right corner, and select your iPhone from the list of devices.
- Click on the Tones tab, select “Sync Tones” if not already selected, and click on the “Apply” button.
That’s it, the new ringtones and alert tones will be synced to your iOS device. You can change the ringtone or text tone to the iOS 7 tones via the Settings app (Settings -> Sounds). Alternatively, you could upgrade to iOS 7 right now to get these ringtones and alert tones.
Here’s the video overview of the new ringtones and alert tones.
They sound so much better than the original ringtones and alert tones that were shipped with the device. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Apple has announced that it will be releasing iOS 7 to the public on September 18.
Related: You can also download the iOS 7 wallpapers on your device right now.
[Via Macmixing]Like this post? Share it!