AT&T customers who subscribe to U-verse now have a variety of live programming they can tune into on their iPhone or iPad. Besides new TV programming, the latest version of the U-verse app adds an updated remote control screen, improved search and a handful of bug fixes and performance improvements.
One of the biggest features AT&T brought to the U-verse app for the iPad and iPhone is support for the live streaming of television programming. The app now allows you to watch more than 100 live TV channels. Unlike many services which limit streaming to your home network, the U-verse app will stream content both inside as well as outside home. The programming will be available to customers who subscribe to the U-family or higher U-verse TV package. It kicks off with 100 Live channels and AT&T will add new channels on a regular basis.
Besides the live streaming, the release notes also list the following changes:
- Watch Live TV on your iPhone!
- Scroll through the Live Channel Guide to view channels that are available in your Uverse network or those that are available when you’re away from home
- New and Improved ratingsbased parental control settings, with channel locking and PIN override, providing primary account holder greater control over master account and all subaccounts
- New and improved scrollable Guide interaction
- Updated remote control screens, now with sound settings, for improved usability
- Enhanced User Interface with new colors, fonts and layout changes for a brand new look and feel to all screens
- All retina graphics
- Improved search performance
- Launch the myAT&T app directly from within the AT&T Uverse app
- Improved image loading
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
The U-verse app is available for free from the iOS App Store.