NPD DisplaySearch reports that according to their supply chain sources, Apple is gearing up to revamp the displays for a majority of its product lines over next year.
NPD DisplaySearch reports:
Based on supply chain research, we believe Apple is planning to revamp nearly all of the displays in its products over the next year. This would indicate that Apple, once again, intends to count on display technology for new product innovation.
Based on the supply chain research, they speculate that Apple may launch the following new products:
- iPhone 6 with 4.7-inch (1280×720 resolution) and 5.7-inch display (1920×1080 resolution). There have been several rumors that Apple is working on iPhones with bigger displays. Even if Apple does end up launching iPhones with bigger screens, I expect Apple to continue offering the 4-inch iPhone.
- iPad 5 with the same Retina display like iPad 4 (2048×1536 resolution), iPad mini with Retina display (2048×1536 resolution) and a 12.9-inch iPad with 2732×2048 resolution. The report also claims that iPad 5 will come with thinner bezels when held in portrait mode like the iPad mini. This is in line with rumors we’ve heard so far.
- A new 12-inch MacBook Air with Retina display (2304×1440 resolution).
- 4Kx2K Apple Television sets with 55-inch and 65-inch screen. There have been several rumors and speculations that Apple will launch its own branded television set ever since Steve Jobs biography revealed that he had finally figured out a way to create an integrated television set that is easy to use.
- iWatch with 1.3-inch or 1.63-inch flexible AMOLED display.
If these speculations turn out to be accurate then 2014 is going to be exciting year.