Third-party developers aren’t the only ones running behind schedule for updating their apps for iOS 7. Apple has redesigned the Podcasts, Find My iPhone and iTunes Movie Trailers apps for iOS 7 more than a month after the OS was released to public.
The Podcasts app gets a new “flat” icon, with the following release notes:
Podcasts 2 introduces a stunning, all-new design for iOS 7 and adds useful features you’ll love.
Designed for iOS 7
• Podcasts has a beautiful new look and feel that fits right in with iOS 7
• The Podcasts Store is now located in the Featured tab, making it easier than ever to discover great podcasts
• The new Search tab makes finding podcasts in the Podcasts Store fast and simple
• Top Charts now shows podcasts and episodes in a simple list, so it’s even easier to see what’s popular
• You can now view your stations as a list of episodes, or group them by podcast
Stay up to date
• Podcasts now automatically update with new episodes — even while the app is not open
• Choose how often the Podcasts app checks for updates to get the latest episodes as soon as they become available
• iCloud now keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in sync with iTunes and Apple TV
This version of Podcasts also includes improvements to responsiveness and playback performance.
Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone received an update too with the only bullet point in the release note being the “All-new design for iOS 7.”
iTunes Movie Trailers
Release notes for iTunes Movie Trailers are again very short:
iTunes Movie Trailers has been updated with a beautiful new design for iOS 7.
If the apps haven’t been automatically updated, you can download the updates via the Updates tab in the App Store app or use the download links above.