Tapbots used the launch of iOS 7 to completely overhaul its flagship app, Tweetbot for the iPhone. After months of recoding their app using the new approach in iOS 7, the fruits of their labor are now available in the iOS App Store.
The first thing you notice when you launch Tweetbot 3.0 is the new UI. Gone is the heavy, textured design that characterized previous versions of the app. The UI is now crisp and clear with thin fonts, rounded avatars, and animations. Highlighted features of the latest version are as follows:
- Completely redesigned from the ground up for iOS7.
- Native Push Notifications.
- Mute filters lets you block messages from users without unfollowing them. Mute services, hashtags, people, and even keywords (regex included).
- Sync timeline position, direct message read statuses and mute filters between iPhone, iPad, and the Mac via iCloud or Tweetmarker.
- Customizable Navigation. The last 2 tabs are customizable and unused tabs are easily accessible.
- Support for multiple services like Pocket, Instapaper, Readability, CloudApp, Droplr, and more.
- Save drafts, add locations and POI’s, attach photos/videos, manage your lists, and much more.
It is not available as a free upgrade for existing customers due to the limited number of tokens allotted by Twitter. So existing users will also have to pay for the app. Tweetbot 3 for the iPhone is available in the App Store for $2.99 for a limited time. The price will be increased to $4.99 after the introductory period.
Tweetbot 3 for iPad is in the works and should be released shortly. Until then, Tapbots 2 has temporarily removed the older version from the App Store to avoid confusion, they say Tweetbot 2.x will be back in the App Store in a few weeks.