Apple has added a number of new keyboard shortcuts in iOS 7, which is good news for those of you who use your iPad or iPhone with a Bluetooth keyboard.
While keyboard shortcuts are hard to remember, they’re a great productivity boost once you get over the learning curve.
Here are the new shortcuts, via MacStories:
- ⌘L to Open Location
- ⌘T to open a new tab
- ⌘W to close the current tab
- ⌘R to refresh the current tab
- ⌘. to stop loading the current tab
- ⌘N to create a new message
- ⌘⇧D to send a message
- Backspace key to delete the currently selected message
- Up/down arrows to select suggested email address in To/CC/BCC popover fields
- ⌘⇧K to comment
- ⌘⌥K to show next comment
- ⌘⌥⇧K to show previous comment
The new shortcuts are actually a part of a broader addition to the iOS SDK that lets developers add custom keyboard shortcuts in their apps for external Bluetooth keyboards. So expect your favorite iOS text editor to add support for this very soon.
Let us know in the comments below if you’ve discovered any other new keyboard shortcuts in iOS 7.
Image via Flickr user Kārlis DambrānsLike this post? Share it!