To everyone’s surprise, the evad3rs team today released evasi0n jailbreak for iPhone, iPod touch and the iPad. evasi0n is an untethered jailbreak for devices running iOS 7.0 through iOS 7.0.4.
evasi0n is available for Mac and Windows, and is untethered. Here are the requirements posted on the evasi0n website:
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- iTunes installed if you’re running Windows
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
The iOS 7 jailbreak is out!!! http://t.co/lWu8tbs1oP . Merry christmas to you all. (please backup your phone first, who knows…!)
— pod2g (@pod2g) December 22, 2013
— evad3rs (@evad3rs) December 22, 2013
evasi0n7 is an untethered jailbreak which supports iOS 7, iOS 7.0.1, iOS 7.0.2, iOS 7.0.3, iOS 7.0.4.
It is compatible with the following iOS 7.x.x devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4
- iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- Retina iPad mini, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
For more information, head to the evasi0n website.
Please note that jailbreak apps and tweaks relying on MobileSubstrate may have issues with evasi0n7 on iOS 7, so please proceed with caution and install the tweaks that explicitly say they support iOS 7.
If you’ve troubling jailbreaking your iOS device with evasi0n then this tip by iH8sn0w may be helpful:
— iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w) December 22, 2013
Check out our step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak your device using evasi0n7:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPad Air, Retina iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini 1
Here’s the list of jailbreak apps and tweaks that are compatible with iOS 7 currently.
Having problems with evasi0n7 jailbreak? Here’s to fix stuck on Apple logo, endless reboots and other evasi0n7 jailbreak problems.
Update 6 (December 24):
evad3rs has released evasi0n7 1.0.1 to remove the controversial TaiG App Store from the package.
Update 7 (December 30):
evad3rs has released evasi0n7 1.0.2 beta to fix the boot loop issues reported by iPad 2 users.
Let us know how your jailbreak went in the comments below.Like this post? Share it!