Apple bundles a number of hidden preferences in iOS 7 to easily test features, configure parameters like animation speed, and enable or disable gestures. Shortly after evasi0n 7 iOS 7 jailbreak was released, a new tweak has been released to let you access these hidden settings.
Here are the steps to install the tweak (note that until MobileSubstrate isn’t updated, this tweak won’t work with devices that have the A7 chip):
- Open Cydia and tap on the Manage tab.
- Go to Sources > Edit > Add
- Add these sources: http://cydia.myrepospace.com/PWN24K/, http://repo.cydiahacks.com
- Once you’ve added, install the “Bootstrap” package from the PWN24K repo and respiring.
- Once this is done, go to the Cydiahacks repo in Cydia, and install “Hidden SBSettings for iOS 7.”
After this, you should see a “SpringBoard Settings” button in Control Center, tap on it and you’ll be taken to the final “hidden” menu. Here’s a video demonstrating the tweak:
Here’s what you can do with these settings:
- System wide edge swipe and corner swipe gestures, probably for features such as quick app switching.
- Ability to delete pre-installed iOS apps
- Ability to create nested folders i.e. folder within a folder.
- Pinch to close folders
- Options to tweak blur effects, coloring and animated speeds
Let us know if you were able to access the hidden internal Settings pane on your iOS device.