WhatsApp users have been patiently waiting for the app’s iOS 7 update to land in the App Store. The wait was worth it as the update landed today and brought with it a host of new changes including an all new design.
Besides a new look and feel, WhatsApp also includes a new feature called broadcasts lists. This allows you to send out a message to a list of people at the same time. It’s great when you want to contact your co-workers about the holiday gift for your boss or your roommates about what’s in the refrigerator.
This last update brings the app up to version 2.11.5 and includes the following changes:
- new iOS 7 User Interface
- broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
- improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
- large thumbs: see more
- new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
- application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
- new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
- crop image before sending