Unfortunately, the feature is quite crippled as iOS 7 comes with only the same type of dynamic wallpaper in 7 different colors.
We have some good news for you, as a Cydia developer has just released a new jailbreak app called iDynamic that adds new dynamic wallpapers to the collection.
Here are the simple steps to add more dynamic wallpapers to iOS 7:
- Launch Cydia
- Search for iDynamic
- Select iDynamic from the search results
- Then tap on Install, followed by the Confirm button to install the jailbreak tweak. It will add an icon for the jailbreak app on your iPhone’s Home screen.
- Launch the iDynamic app. You will notice that the app includes some free dynamic wallpapers and some paid ones. You can either buy one for $0.99, or the entire set of 5 new dynamic wallpapers for $1.99.
Free Custom Dynamic Wallpapers
Paid Custom Dynamic Wallpapers
- To add a new Dynamic wallpaper to your collection, all you need to do is tap on one of the images from the list.
- This will display, the complete set of Wallpapers for that dynamic wallpaper. Tap on the circular tick button at the top right corner. It will inform you that the “New dynamic wallpaper should take effect after respring,” tap on the Respring button to respring the device.
The new dynamic wallpapers via iDynamic also come with subtle animation just like the original ones. You can check out the video below to see the free and paid dynamic wallpapers.
The only issue I noticed was that iDynamic replaced the old dynamic wallpaper with the new ones instead of adding them to the dynamic wallpaper library. I’m not sure if it is some limitation or it will be fixed soon. Update: If you want to revert back to the default wallpapers, then you’ll notice that the fourth wallpaper in the list is the default ones, tap on the circular tick button to restore back to original dynamic wallpapers. Warning: The tweak seems to promote a Touch ID app in the App Store, which looks quite shady, so stay clear of it.
I have been eagerly waiting for custom dynamic wallpapers, so it was great to see iDynamic on Cydia. Let me know what you think in the comments.