If you’ve tried to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 7 with evasi0n7, and your device is stuck at the Apple logo for a very long time, then here’s a step-by-step guide on how to recover from it.
To recover from the problem, you need to put your iOS device in recovery mode so that you can use iTunes to restore the device.
Important warning: This method takes into consideration that you had backed up your device with iTunes or in iCloud. If you did not backup your device, and want to avoid losing your data then you may want to try this method as some users have said that it worked for them. We haven’t tried it, so we can’t confirm if it works. Please do drop us a line in the comments if it works.
How to restore device using Recovery mode:
- The first thing you need to do is turn off your device. This can get tricky when you device is stuck at the Apple logo as you can’t press and hold the Sleep/Wake (Power) button and then swipe on the slide to power off button to turn it off. So please follow the instructions carefully. Press the Home and Sleep/Wake (Power) button simultaneously. You will see the Apple logo go off.
- After a few moments, you will see the Apple logo again. Now release the Home and Sleep/Wake button. Then quickly press the Home and hold the Sleep/Wake (Power) buttons again. Hold them till the device turns off.
- Plug the device’s USB cable into your computer only. Note: Do not connect the USB cable to your iOS device just yet.
- Now hold down on the Home button, and connect the USB cable to your iOS device.
- When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don’t see this screen, try again.
- iTunes will launch, and prompt you the following message: “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.”
- Click “Ok,” then click on the Restore button to restore your device. iTunes will go through the process of restoring your device to factory settings, which could take 5-10 minutes. After it is restored, follow the on-screen instructions on your iOS device to setup it up, and restore the device from the backup when prompted.
As always, let us know how it goes in the comments.