SwipeSelection Pro, the paid version of the popular jailbreak tweak has just hit Cydia.
SwipeSelection, in case you’re not aware, brings a cool new way to edit text on iOS using gestures.
After installing the tweak, you can swipe on your iPhone or iPad’s virtual keyboard to move the insertion point by character to edit text. If you swipe with two fingers, it moves the insertion point by word.
You can also select text in a similar fashion by holding on the Shift key. As Cydia Developer, Kyle Howells, points out in the comments below, a much easier way to do this is to swipe starting from the shift or delete buttons.
Kyle has released a paid version of the tweak, which has been rewritten for iOS 7 and allows you to customize SwipeSelection. It offers the following features:
- It allows you to adjust the sensitivity based on your preference. Reduced sensitivity means it is less sensitive, which means the deadzone before SwipeSelection activates is bigger. This will prevent accidental activation of SwipeSelection while typing fast.
- It also allows you to adjust the swipe speed, which is essentially the speed of the insertion point when you swipe on the keyboard.
- You can also change the swipe area to either the whole keyboard (which is the default), or Everything but the space bar or just the space bar.
- You can also enable a toggle so that you can enable or disable SwipeSelection by triple tapping the shift key.
- You can use three finger swipe to move the insertion point to the beginning or end of a document, though Howells recommends enabling this on the iPad.
- It adds support for right to left languages.
These features can be enabled or customized via the Settings app (Settings > SwipeSelection).
Here’s a demo video of the jailbreak tweak in action.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel
SwipeSelection Pro is available on Cydia for $1.99. You can try SwipeSelection, the free version of the tweak to figure out if you want to buy the paid version. It is compatible with iOS 7, and also supports 64-bit A7 devices such as iPhone 5s, iPad Air and Retina iPad mini.
SwipeSelection is one of my favorite jailbreak tweaks, so it is great to see it is updated for iOS 7 and 64-bit A7 chip.
Let me know what you think of SwipeSelection in the comments below.