The new Yahoo Sports app was recently updated to version 5.0, with a new iOS 7 look, but its most exciting feature is the ability to create looping GIFs from video footage of NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB, NCAA and NCAAB. Here are step-by-step instructions showing you how to create and share your own GIFs using the app.
- Download and open the latest version of the Yahoo Sports app on your iPhone (this feature isn’t available on iPad)
- Pick the game, whose video footage you want to use to create a GIF
- Tap on the Loops tab at the top right corner, and then tap the plus icon at the bottom
- Now to select a portion of the video, you can either scroll through the frame-by-frame footage, or choose a specific highlight from the match logs.
- Once you’ve selected the start, tap on the frame, and you’ll be taken to a new screen with options to edit your “loop”
- Here you can expand or shorten the duration of your GIF, add effects like freeze, slo-mo etc, change the playback speed. Once you’ve selected the options you like, hit next at the top right.
- You can then caption a specific frame of the GIF.
- Tap next once you’re done, and you can share your GIF on Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr. Enjoy!
Let us know how it goes.