Are you’re having issues with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch after jailbreaking? Do you have to take your iOS device to an Apple Store because of a hardware issue, and you’re worried that Apple may not service the device because it is jailbroken? Then don’t panic.
All you need to do is restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to its factory settings by following these simple steps to remove the jailbreak.
Important points before we show you how to reset or restore your device to factory settings:
- Make sure you’ve the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Restoring your device will erase all the data from your device, so please take a backup of your device using iTunes to transfer and sync any additional content to your computer, so you can restore from the backup.
- Disable Activation Lock by turning off Find my iPhone if you’ve enabled it. Launch the Settings app and navigate to iCloud. Tap the Find My iPhone On/Off toggle to disable it.
- Please note that restoring your device from the backup can be a time consuming process, and depends on the amount of data stored on your device and on the speed of your Internet connection if you plan to restore from iCloud, so take up this activity when you have enough spare time.
Restore your iOS device:
- Connect your iOS device to the computer.
- Select your iPhone, iPad or iPd touch when it appears in iTunes (next to iTunes Store button in the top right corner).
- Click on the Restore button in the Summary tab.
- iTunes will prompt if you’re sure you want to restore your iOS device to factory settings. Click the Restore button.
- After your iOS device is restored to factory settings, it will restart.
- You’ll see the “Hello” screen with a “Slide to set up” slider. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the iOS device. You can set up your device as new device or restore from the backup taken previously. If your iOS device has cellular service, it will activate after you restore.
If the above method doesn’t work, then you can try restoring your device by putting it in recovery mode. You can follow our guide if you need help.
Let me know how it goes. Feel free to drop in a line in the comments if you have any questions.Like this post? Share it!
Categories: How To