Microsoft released Office Mobile for iPhone last year, that let users access, view and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents on the go. The app required an Office 365 subscription, but Microsoft has now made Office Mobile for iPhone free for home use.
Microsoft released a v1.1 update for Office Mobile for iPhone on March 27th, the same day Office for iPad went live, with the following changes:
- Office Mobile for iPhone is now free for home use.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
You’ll need an Office 365 subscription if you fall under any of these categories though:
- Office 365 Small Business Premium
- Office 365 Midsize Business
- Office 365 Enterprise E3 and E4 (Enterprise and Government)
- Office 365 Education A3 and A4
- Office 365 ProPlus
If you’ve needed an app to make minor edits or modifications to documents on your iPhone, Office Mobile for iPhone is great, especially now that it’s free for home use. Of course, if you have an iPad, you can now download PowerPoint, Word and Excel for your iPad. The apps let you view and present documents for free, but to edit, you’ll need an Office 365 subscription.
Let us know what you think about Office Mobile for iPhone in the comments below.