Apple’s free app of the week is Fun Golf GPS 3D, a $19.99 golfing app for iPhone and iPad that is available for free for a limited time.
The app is an awesome companion for those who play golf on golf courses. It has high-contrast 3D maps of nearly 32,000 golf courses all over the world, that are available offline, so you don’t need to worry about connectivity. It tracks your position on these courses, gives you club suggestions and does a lot more to enhance your golfing experience.
Here are the full features:
– High-contrast 3D maps, visible even in bright sun light.
– Intelligent indicators showing the yardages to the green and hazards in play, updated as you move on the course.
– Automatic club suggestion: Based not only on your per-club distances, but also on your current lie.
– Offline maps: No internet connection is needed while you play. Go abroad and play without even thinking of your data plan.
– Scorecard management: FunGolf displays your score, even in stableford. It will even simulate your handicap index after playing a round.
– Rounds data synchronisation: enter your score on your iPhone, review it on your iPad.
– Pro-grade statistics: see how your game improves over time with incredible stats like Average score, Average Putts per hole, Greens in Regulation.
The app is 22.3MB in size, and requires iOS 7.0 and up. It is normally priced at a rather expensive $19.99, but under Apple’s “App of the week” promotion, it is available for free for a limited time.