9to5Mac has also posted some more photos of the iPhone 6, which seem to be provided by Dickson. They appear to be physical mockups likely manufactured by resellers or case makers and not photos of the actual iPhone 6.
The physical mockup reveals the following details about the iPhone 6:
- It sports an ultra-thin design with rounded edges as opposed to the iPhone 5s’ chamfered edges.
- It has the power button to top right hand side of the device, which is in line with rumor that have indicated that Apple will be changing the position of the button for easier one-handed access on the larger iPhone.
- The model also has rectangular volume buttons on the left, and the camera and LED at the back. The LED is circular in shape and not elongated like the iPhone 5s. It could suggest that Apple has managed to make changes to the TrueTone flash, which was first introduced last year in iPhone 5s to make it circular.
- The mockup also suggests the iPhone 6 will sport a three-stage aluminum design on the back of the iPhone 6 with two antenna break cut out at the back of the device. This is also in line with rumors, which have indicated iPhone 6 may sport an all-aluminum back casing. Frankly, the black and white bands that seem to serve as separators for the three-stage aluminum back casing makes the device look quite ugly.
- It also looks like the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 has an additional hole next to the FaceTime camera, which is probably for an additional microphone.
iPhone 6 is also expected to include Apple’s new A8 processor, Touch ID fingerprint sensor, and an improved 8-megapixel camera. Apple is expected to unveil iPhone 6 at a special event in September.
Let me know what you think in the comments below.