Foxconn hiring record 100,000 new workers for iPhone 6 production, Pegatron also expanding workforce by 30%

iPhone 6 front

Apple’s manufacturing partners have started gearing up for the launch of highly anticipated iPhone 6 later this fall.

Foxconn, Apple’s largest manufacturing partner is planning to hire a record 100,000 workers to help assemble the iPhone 6, according to a report from Taiwan’s Economic Daily News relayed by Reuters.

Hon Hai Precision Industry will recruit over 100,000 people in mainland China to produce the newest iPhone from Apple Inc, Taiwan’s Economic Daily News said, in what the report called the firm’s largest single hiring spree in China.

Pegatron, Apple’s other manufacturing partner is also ramping up for the iPhone 6 production. The report claims that Pegatron is planning to expand its workforce by 30 percent. The report also notes that Foxconn is expected to produce 70 percent of the iPhones, and Pegatron expected to produce the remaining 30 percent.

The expansion in workforce seems to be in line with rumors and expectations, which indicate that Apple will launch iPhone 6 in September, just like they did in September 2013 with the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c.

Apple is widely expected to unveil two models of the iPhone 6: the first model with a 4.7-inch display with a 1704×960 resolution and pixel density of 416 ppi, and the second model with a 5.5-inch display with a 1704×960 resolution display and pixel density of 356 ppi. In addition to the larger screens with higher pixel density, iPhone 6 is also expected to include Apple’s new A8 processor, Touch ID fingerprint sensor, and an improved 8-megapixel camera.

[via Reuters]