With less than 12 hours to go for the WWDC Keynote kick off, a reddit user has posted blurry photos, which he claims are of OS X 10.10.
The reddit user claims that he had taken these photographs at Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino.
The photos reveals quite a few interesting details about the upcoming OS X update, which is widely expected to be unveiled during the WWDC Keynote address such as:
- It looks like OS X 10.10 will come with Control Center like iOS 7. In case of OS X, it looks like the Control Center will slide out from the left side of the screen.
- Control Center in OS X will give quick access to “About this Mac”, System Preferences at the top, followed by what looks like toggles for AirPlane mode and Do Not Disturb feature. You then have toggles for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, followed by the brightness controls, and audio playback controls along with the album art. It then has shortcuts for AirDrop and AirPlay. At the very bottom, there seem to be shortcuts for system sleep, log out, restart, and shutdown.
- The photos also reveals that the Notification Center will get an iOS 7-like makeover with Today view, which will display the date, calendar view, weather information and Stocks.
- The photos also reveals some changes in Safari such as the blank page that looks quite similar to the one seen in mobile safari on the iPad.
- It may also come with a systemwide floating search box with Quick look functionality.
- It also looks like OS X 10.10 will come with a iOS 7-style translucent Dock instead of the current “shelf” motif.
- The icons also don’t seem to redesigned, though the icon of the Finder app seems to be tweaked. It doesn’t have a background but keeps the iconic double face line drawing.
It is important to note that the photos seem to be taken on March 24th, so it is quite possible that Apple has made a lot more changes and improvements since then.
Apple is widely expected to unveil iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 during the WWDC Keynote address. The banners put up at the Moscone West Center indicate that OS X 10.10 will be called OS X Yosemite.
Noted iOS developer and unlocker Will Strafach aka chronic has just tweeted that these blurry screenshots are fake. According to him the OS X 10.10 icons are circles with solid colors and not roundect:
leaked images of 10.10 are fake. 10.10 icons are circles + solid color = simple icon. not roundect.
— Will Strafach (@chronic) June 2, 2014
Apple will live stream the keynote to iOS devices and Macs. For instructions, check this post. We’ll of course have our own live blog, so keep checking iPhoneHacks.com and don’t forget to join our Facebook Fan page, follow us on Twitter, add us to your circles on Google+ or subscribe to our RSS feed for the latest updates.
Let me know what you think of these changes in the comments below.