Private social networking site Path is the newest entrant in the standalone messaging app business. The company today announced an app called Talk for to take on Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp etc., along with a unique feature that’ll let you message businesses too.
Here are the main features of Path Talk:
- Off the Record: Messages you send in Path Talk are automatically erased from our servers 24 hours after you send them, so you can now be yourself in conversations.
- Ambient Status: Path Talk can automatically tell your friends when you’re in transit, in the neighborhood, or even low on battery so your availability is always understood—removing the headache of misunderstandings in conversation.
- Message Music, Maps, and more: Easily send movies, music, books, maps, locations, and high quality photos and videos—all with a single tap.
- Quick Replies: Save time by nudging a friend or acknowledging a message directly from your message list with just a swipe.
- Handmade Stickers: We’ve hired some of the best artists in the industry to imagine and draw characters for you to use when emoji just isn’t enough.
- Voice Messaging: Quickly send and receive high quality voice messages 1-on-1 with a friend or back and forth with a group of people.
Path says it’ll soon be adding more features like messaging Restaurants, Stores, to book tickets, make reservations etc. through the app. This feature will be powered by Path’s acquisition of TalkTo, a startup that let you text local businesses and get responses.
The app is free, and requires iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 7.0 and up. You can learn more about Path Talk by heading to this link, or you can install the app from the download link below.