If you have friends who own an iPhone, here are some really funny pranks you can play on them if they keep leaving their device unlocked.
iMessage shows you a 3 dot typing indicator that tells the opposite person that you’re typing a reply. You can send a fake 3 dot loader to your friend, and fool them into thinking that you’re typing endlessly. Just download this GIF to your iPhone’s photo library, and send it to your friends tricking them into waiting until they realise the prank.
If there’s an unlocked iPhone around you, open the Phone app, find yourself in contacts, and rename it to someone else, like “Mom.” You can now troll the person by sending texts like “Your father’s in jail.”
You can confuse your friends with weird autocorrect suggestions by adding text shortcuts. Just open Settings and navigate to General > Keyboard > Add New Shortcut. Enter a commonly used word like “ok” or “no” in the Shortcut field and a funny phrase in the Phrase field, and wait for them to send weird messages when they try to type ok or no.
Frozen Home screen
You’ve probably already played this prank with desktops and laptops.
- Take a screenshot of the iPhone’s home screen.
- Clear the entire home screen, and shift all app icons to a different screen by pressing and holding the home button until all icons start wiggling.
- Go to Settings > Wallpapers & Brightness > Choose A New Wallpaper and set the screenshot you took in the first step as the home screen wallpaper.
Now when your friend tries to open apps on the home screen, nothing would happen, leaving him or her puzzled.
Guided Access trap
Guided Access is an iPhone Accessibility setting that locks the user into one app, and no one can get out of it unless they know the password you’ve set. So you can lock your friend into a boring iPhone app by following these steps:
- Open Settings and go to General > Accessibility and enable Guided Access under the Learning section.
- Open a boring app like Weather or Game Center, and then triple tap the home button.
- You’ll be prompted for a passcode, enter a 4 digit code and your friend won’t be able to exit the app.
Here’s a video describing these pranks:
Have fun! This post should also be an indication to all those who use their iPhone without a passcode to reconsider their decision.
Like this post? Share it!