The Mail app includes a number of time saving features in iOS 8.
In this article, we show you how to quickly mark an email as read or unread in the Mail app.
How to quickly mark an email as unread or read
- If you’ve read an email but want to read it again later, just swipe to the right and it will be marked as unread.
Similarly, if you want to quick mark an email as read then just swipe an unread email to the right to mark it as read.
You can change the swipe options in the Settings app. So instead of the swipe right to mark an email as read, you can mark an email as read by swiping left by following these instructions.
- Launch the Settings app on your Home screen.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- Scroll down and tap on Swipe Options
- Tap on Swipe Right and Swipe Left to reverse the settings.
You can watch the video below to get a better idea:
Hope you found this tip useful. Let me know how it goes in the comments.
Other productivity tips in the Mail app in iOS 8: