Prior to iOS 8, it wasn’t possible to recover a photo or a video if you’ve accidentally deleted it. The goods news is that you can finally recover a delete photo or video in iOS 8.
How to recover delete photos
Follow these steps to recover an accidentally deleted photo on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
- Launch the Photos app from the Home screen.
- Tap on the Albums tab in the bottom right corner.
- In iOS 8, you should now see a new Recently Deleted album. Tap on it to open it.
- You will find all the recently deleted photos in this album along with the number of days remaining for the photos to be permanently deleted. By default, items are erased 30 days after being marked for deletion.
- Tap on the photo or video you want to recover.
- Tap on Recover in the bottom right corner, then tap on Recover Photo option in the popup menu.
That’s it, the photo or video will now be available again in your camera roll. If you had added the photo or video to an album, then it would be added to that album automatically.
Let me know how it goes.