Apple has added a number of new features and improvements in the Messages app in iOS 8.
One of them is the ability to share your location with your friends or family members to help you meet at a specific location, or when you’re nearby.
Share your location with friends in the Messages app in iOS 8
Follow these simple instructions:
- Launch the Messages app.
- Tap on the conversation you’re having with your friend with whom you want to share your location.
- Then tap on Details in the top right corner.
- Tap on Send My Current Location if you want to send your current location
- Tap on Share My Location if you want to share your location for ever or specific period of time.
- Tap on Share for One Hour, Share Until End of Day, Share Indefinitely based on your preference.
- The Messages will send the Map with your coordinates on it which will update on a regular basis. If you have selected Share for One Hour or Share Until End of Day, then it will show a countdown. You can tap on Stop Sharing My Location at anytime if you want to stop sharing your location with your friend.
Let me know what you think of this feature. Do you plan to use it.