Ryan Petrich, one of the most popular tweak developer, has updated three of his tweaks — Activator, Flipswitch and AppList — for iOS 8. The Pangu team released an iOS 8 — iOS 8.1 jailbreak last week, but not many tweaks and apps, including Cydia, were available at launch.
Cydia and Substrate for iOS 8 were released a few hours later, and today Ryan Petrich updated many of his tweaks for iOS 8 on his repo. These tweaks are in beta, so they might have bugs.
- Activator lets users assign custom actions in response to triggers like pressing the volume button, or gestures like a three finger pinch and so on. It’s quite powerful, and you can know more about its capabilities in this post.
- AppList lets developers query a list of all the apps installed on your iPhone or iPad.
- Flipswitch is a centralised toggle system for iOS, that lets you add custom toggles to Control Center. The tweak is only compatible with iOS 8.0.x, and not iOS 8.1.
To install these tweaks, you’ll have to add Ryan Petrich’s beta repo:
- Open Cydia and tap on the Sources tab. (You can install Cydia by following the instructions in this post.)
- Tap on Edit on the left, and then tap on Add at the right.
- You’ll get an alert with a URL field. Enter “rpetri.ch/repo” (after the http://) and tap on Add Source
- Now Cydia will add the repo, and fetch packages from this repo.
- Now search for either of these tweaks from the Search tab, and install them.
Let us know how it goes in the comments below.