One of the common complaints we’ve received from readers after upgrading to iOS 8 – iOS 8.0.2, has been that the Personal Hotspot feature is missing.
While I haven’t had the problem, it does look quite a few people are complaining about it in Apple Discussions forum as well.If you’re facing this issue, then here’s how you can fix it, courtesy a tip by Apple Discussions forum member.
Note: It is also important to note Personal Hotspot is not available for free in some countries like the US, so it won’t work unless you’ve subscribed for it.
- Launch the Settings app
- Tap on Cellular or Mobile
- If you don’t see the toggle for Personal Hotspot here, then tap on Cellular Data
- Scroll down, and under Personal Hotspot section, enter the same APN settings as the cellular data APN.
- After entering the APN settings go back to the previous screen by swiping from the left edge of the screen or tapping on the back button.
- Voila! You should now see the toggle for Personal Hotspot. Tap on it to enable it.
You should now be able to use your iPhone or Cellular iPad’s data connection on your other devices while on the move.
I haven’t been able to verify this myself as I haven’t faced the issue, but many users in the Apple Discussions thread have confirmed that it works. So let me know how it goes if you were facing the issue.
[via Apple Discussions]