Apple.club.tw has republished photos of the logic board, home button flex cable, front panel, and volume control flex cable, which it claims are for the upcoming iPad Air 2. The photos reveal some interesting details.
The alleged leaked components of the iPad Air 2 reveal the following details:
- As you can see in the image above, the Home button flex cable appears to contain a hole for Touch ID Home button. It also includes the stainless steel ring. There have been several rumors which had indicated that Apple will finally add the popular Touch ID feature in their tablets, and these pictures seem to confirm it.
- The logic board image shows iPad Air 2’s processor along with RAM chips.
- MacRumors forum member has discovered that the label on the main chip is “A8X” by enhancing the contrast on the main chip. This indicates that iPad Air 2 could be powered by a more powerful processor than the A8 chip, which powers iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. While it is not know what the A8X chip could offer, we expect it to be clocked higher than the 1.4GHz A8 chip, and offer enhanced graphics performance.
- The logic board also seems to have SIM slot directly on iPad Air 2’s logic board, unlike the current generation iPad Air, which has a separate component for the SIM card slot.
- As MacRumors points out, the iPad Air 2’s front panel contains a more prolonged connector on its side and contains holes for the Touch ID Home button and FaceTime HD camera. There have been rumors that the iPad Air 2 may come with Retina HD display, which will help Apple to make the next iPad Air even thinner.
- The volume flex cable shows the volume up and down buttons, and possibly a microphone. It suggests that Apple may not include mute/screen rotation switch in the new iPad Air.
Apple is expected to unveil the new iPads at the special event on October 16. In addition to the 2GB RAM, the iPad Air 2 could feature a thinner and lighter design, Touch ID, Apple’s new A8 processor, anti-reflective coating and 8-megapixel rear-facing camera. Meanwhile, the next-generation iPad mini with Retina display could also have Touch ID, an Apple A8 processor and a thinner design. Apple may also unveil new Retina iMacs and announce the release date for OS X Yosemite at the event.
Are you eagerly waiting for iPad Air 2 or next generation Retina iPad mini? Let us know in the comments.